Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Paint Shop Pro 9 Not Opening

• Please log in to reply

LynnyM

LynnyM

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello, all.

I'm not entirely sure if I should post this question in Applications, but I can't find anything better at the moment, and I'm running out of patience.

For several months I've had Paint Shop Pro 9 on my computer (Windows Xp, and fairly new), and it worked very well. I had to fix a common error in the registry when I first installed it, but after that it ran smoothly. A few days ago, however, I went to use it again and got a 'PSP has encountered a problem and needs to close' window, with options to send an error report and debug, etc.

I've tried so many things time and time again, and no matter what I do, the thing continues to have a problem. I have:

-Reset my computer (obviously my first choice)
-Uninstalled and Reinstalled PSP (did not help; not the first time, not the tenth time)
-Chose the 'repair' option for the program (again, did not help)
-Updated my video card driver (as far as I can tell, this did not help)
-Checked if DirectX had a problem (as far as I can tell, nothing is wrong with it)
-Checked to see if Windows had an update (did not help)
-Got a 'registry fixer' and fixed what appeared to be several problems (did not change the situation)
-Worked around with a couple .dll files that supposedly caused some problems (No change)
- Tried several System Restores (wasted a great amount of time)

Does anyone out there have ANY suggestions? I don't need this program to breathe (that would be my word processor) but I do use it as a hobby, and various small projects are piling up.

I'm wondering if it's video card settings...then again, everything else works, and I changed nothing.

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
Hello LynnyM and welcome to G2G!

Have you downloaded and installed any of the patches that are available for PSP9?

LynnyM

LynnyM

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I hadn't downloaded any of the patches or updates, so I did so this afternoon. The interesting this is, the program actually opens to the little screen that shows it's loading...then, the same error message.

I'll continue looking for answers...but I really can't think of much else.