Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WinXp Event Log Help

• Please log in to reply

clone1008

clone1008

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Been having a recurring problem for about a month and can't figure it out. When WinXP starts and gets to my desktop all of my icons will show up and the hour glass just freezes. I sometimes have to restart windows 2 or 3 times for it to work. By restart I mean I actually have to hit the reset button to get it to reboot.

I viewed my Event Log and found a couple of recurring problems in the System Log that I don't know if they are related or not:

Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date: 1/23/2006
Time: 7:27:00 PM
User: N/A
Computer: KITCHEN
Description:
The C service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

Event Source: Print
Event Category: None
Event ID: 23
Date: 1/23/2006
Time: 7:26:57 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: KITCHEN
Description:
Printer Broderbund PDF Converter 2.10d failed to initialize because a suitable Amyuni Document Converter 2.10 driver could not be found.

Can some one help me? As to the second event source I don't have anything installed that would be associated with Broderbund PDF Converter.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
the second is something like Print Shop, perhaps?

The first...C Service I think that method three in teh following article pertains to you
http://support.micro...7&Product=winxp