Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Mouse pointer freezes

• Please log in to reply

Waters81

Waters81

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello, I've recently had a problem where my mouse pointer will freeze somewhere but the mouse still works. I just either have to guess where the pointer would be even though it's frozen or now I checked the option where I can hit CTRL to put a circle around where the mouse really is. This problem happens if I leave my comp on for awhile. If I restart, it fixes. Not sure what triggers it because sometimes I'll restart, walk away and come back and it's already frozen. Sometimes it doesn't freeze for 1-2 hours of the comp. being on and moving the mouse. What could be the cause of this? I haven't installed any hardware or software lately that I can remember. Is there any quick download fix to this? Say yes. :tazz:

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Have you tried a different mouse?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
if the mouse pointer is freezing, but the mouse pointer is actually invisibly moving forward, this sounds more like a video issue than not.

Download the latest video drivers for your videocard and install them, then reboot. See if the problem recurs

Waters81

Waters81

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for your help you two. It's not the mouse but thank you for the reply. I'll download the latest GFX card drivers when I get home. I have the NVIDIA 6600. It's been driving me crazy with all sorts of problems. I'll let you know if this fixes. Thanks again!

Waters81

Waters81

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Wow, so that's exactly what the problem was. I needed to update the drivers! You my friend are a saint!

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Great, thanks for letting us know! :tazz:

Waters81

Waters81

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Crap I take it back. That did not fix the problem. 8(