Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Outllook Express Problem

• Please log in to reply

depawl

depawl

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
When trying to send or receive mail in Outlook Express 6, I get the following: "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this......... Server: mail.gisco.net, Protocol: SMTP, Port:25, secure (SSL), No, Error 08000CCCOF."
I've done some research on this and found it to be a common problem but haven't found any solutions that work.
Thanks

Advertisements

BabyTech

BabyTech

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Couple of questions...

Firstly, does your mail server require SSL, does it require a specific port, does it require any other authentication.

Beyond those issues, is this an initial setup of the mail account in Outlook?

depawl

depawl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Update: I removed the account and recreated it and it seems to be working fine now.
Thanks.