Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

A Problem in motherboard

• Please log in to reply

shdp

shdp

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This was happening last Friday (2006-01-13).It was a rainy day. The PC Was running smoothly and suddenly the Supply of the power to the PC was down. The PC was stopped and started again. This was happened at the presence of a UPS.The UPS was giving beep to indicate the power was down. The PC was filed to start. Then I decided to see the problem after power comes. The reason for the power down was due to trip switch off. After on the trip switch, I started the PC but it fails to start. I observed the following things in the PC.

1) The Display of the monitor was not coming.

2) There was no BIOS beep heard.

3) Also there was a noise from the floppy drive.

4) The HDD busy indication light (The RED light) on the front of the casing was continuously on and off.

5) The green light of mother board was on.

6) The side fan of the casing and CPU cooling fans were working.

7) When I press the eject button of the DVD-ROM Drive it was not ejected the tray.

8) The lights on the key board were not on.

Then I switch off the PC and checked the all power cables of HDD and DVD drive. When I connected these power cables to the side fans they were working. After that I got a working power supply form my friend and connected it to my PC.When I switch on the PC same symptoms were observed. Because of this indication I decided that there is no problem in my PSU.

Then I remove my HDD, RAM and Graphic card and connected them to another working PC.

After checking it I understand that they were working and there was no wrong in these parts.

Finally I checked monitor,UPS and speakers seperatly.Before I faced this problem the monitor and speaker was also connected to the UPS.Finaly I concluded that the problem is in motherboard or CPU.

Please analyze my matter and give me a help to over come the problem.

If you want any further details regarding this matter please inform me.

Advertisements

simking

simking

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I would guess possibly burned out motherboard. I wouldn't care about reparing it if it's a cheap MB. Buy a new one for 40 bucks :tazz:

ck3

ck3

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey, ive been looking all over the net for a solution to your problem. i have a gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-G motherboard. a very good one. but last thursday 9th feb 06, it blew. the image on the monitor froze and i had to turn off using the mains power switch. when i tried to turn the pc on, the monitor would not display anything, the power led on the pc was on but no other light. all fans were working but no system beep or any sounds.
this is the FOURTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! time it has happened to me, i have been able to replace my board from the retailer 3 times but im not sure what i can do now. the first time he replaced it, the second time he said the problem was dust, that there was too much of it. so i keep the dust out, the third time he said it was power, that my psu was fluctuating and he said he changed it but i can see he hasnt. i even bought a surge protecter under his guidance, but it has had no use, the motherboard blows regularly every four months but recently its blown just a week before the third problem time. i am sooooooooooo fed up. i have no idea what to do.

the problem will be fixed once you replace the board but no body seems to no the problem