Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Zone Alarm Antivirus Vs. AVG Antivirus

• Please log in to reply

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Good morning. During the holiday season I bought Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite.

http://www.zonelabs....=en&lid=ho_zass

I am about to have a cusom made PC with lots of goodies and Win XP MCE 2005. :) I will install this Zone Alarm software and will use it as my primary defense system. However I have my doubts about its Antivirus feature. On top ten reviews, it didn't even make in the first 10.

http://anti-virus-so...tenreviews.com/

Should I just not install their antivirus and get AVG free edition instead? If so, what about "worms"?

Please advise. Thank you. :tazz:

Advertisements

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
I highly recomend free Avast anti-virus. Far superior to AVG. I don't know anything about Zonelabs antivirus perhaps someone else has experience with it.....

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
zone alarm knows firewalls but does not do a great job with av. Its a pain to support if the application has issues. however avg and avast are both really good programs.

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Thank you. So is it avast or AVG I should get?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well you have 2 votes for avast

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Make that 3 votes for Avast. I haven't fully tested it for myself, but it can't be worse than AVG. AVG has trouble getting rid of infections, sometimes even simple ones.