Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SpyAxe, Spystriker, or SpySheriff trojan.

• Please log in to reply

Jae_Shaido

Jae_Shaido

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I wrote a few scripts to manually remove these three malware programs, but can't seem to find the actual trojan to test them out. If anyone can remember where they picked up these nasty vermines, let me know.

jae:p

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Jae Shaido!

Spyaxe.com, spysheriff.com, spystriker.com would be my best guesses. I know spyaxe.com and spysheriff.com both work because I just infected a test machine of my own with it over the weekend. :tazz:

Fenor

Jae_Shaido

Jae_Shaido

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Well... I'm not looking for the programs themselves that they produce. I've already got a copy of them. What I am looking for though is the actual trojan that infects the machine. When it gets the trojan it then silently downloads a program that runs in the background to display the pop-up by the clock stating that the machine is infected with Spyware. This is not Spyware however because it doesn't track websites visited or others email address's. It is, however, Malware because it infultrates the system with malicious code. The program itself is what I like to refer to as Ransomware. Since the deception is that in order to remove this program that has infultrated Windows, you must download a seperate program that Microsoft supposedly recommends, which is usually around $30-$50 USD. As if Microsoft would recommend a third-party program of any kind; they definitly would not.
Back to the point of my topic... I'm looking for the source of the infection, the trojan itself, the infector.

If anyone can tell me where these trojan reside, I would really appreciate it.

Edited by Jae_Shaido, 26 January 2006 - 02:38 PM.