Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

NETSKY infection

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

bajtur

bajtur

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
hello! i have a "little" problem ;) My TDS-3 has found a lot of worms called NETSKY or WIN32 NETSKY; there are just too many to manualy remove all, is there another free application to download? I tried housecall- antivirus online service but i didn't work; when i tried to delete the infected files, the housecall frezeed. I'm conserned because they are so many infected files, i need :tazz: ,please, tnx in advance

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Topics merged. Please do not start a new thread. Continue in the same topic. Thanks. :tazz:

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
We can definitely help you, but first you need to help us. The first step in this process is to apply Service Pack 1a for Windows XP. Without this update, you're wide open to re-infection, and we're both just wasting our time.
Click here: http://www.microsoft...p1/default.mspx
Apply the update, reboot, and post a fresh Hijack This log.

bajtur

bajtur

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
hello! Look I did everything that you said but when I want to install service pack 1A the windows update says that it will look at my computer and show me the update that my computer needs and that is service pack 2 , which I don't want to install before the viruses are gone; does this mean that i have SP1A? please advise me,tnx for the help, this forum is just great :tazz:

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
You don't have SP1A. Is Windows valid?

bajtur

bajtur

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
i don't know. My friend instaled Windows on my computer and I really don't know; I was curios when I'll get a message that Windows key may not be valid :tazz: , well I guess I know way! It seems that I will have to get new windows ;)

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883254

[edit] As there has been no response from the original poster, this topic is now closed. If you have any other problems, please post a new topic.

Edited by bananafanafo, 15 April 2005 - 11:23 AM.