Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vcodec Spyware

• Please log in to reply

weetbix

weetbix

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Am new here and my first post so hope it is in the right place.

I have Spybot-Search and Destroy.

When I do a scan of my computer up to 6 spyware programs are running and in the results it lists waht they are

All but one of them can be eliminated and that is "Vcodec"

What I would like to know is the best Spyware removal program that I could use to eleiminate it.

As weel there is a message that keeps coming up on the screen on the lower right hand sie that says my computer is infected with a virus , its name is

iworm_attck_122.02a

I do a virus check on my computer and it comes up as being all clear

I am using AVG Free Edition

Regards

Advertisements

weetbix

weetbix

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Looks like others have had the same problem before, I did a search and the name Vcodec did not come up so I startedd my own topic on it.

One thing that concerns me is that why wont these anti spyware programs eliminate it without going to all the trouble that one needs to do to get rid of it.

Is there a simple solution to it or not.

Heaps of adds come up saying that spyware can be eliminated if one uses their program.

Seems like from what you say it will not be that simple.

Being a new person on computers it actually frightens me a bit with all those instruction.

Some of the commands I am not even sure of being able to carry them out.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.