Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DirectX 9.0c

• Please log in to reply

Icyangel93

Icyangel93

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have tried to install DirectX 9.0c for my computer but when i try i get an error message saying "a cabinet file necessary for this installation cannot be trusted" i have tried to install Windows SP2 and when i try to install it it says "The specified file could not be found" (that was by cd i ordered it).I can't even get it on Windows Update when i try it says "We are sorry.There was an error and blah blah blah..."
Does anybody know what i could do to fix this asap.
P.S. If anyone does know what to do hurry up i want to play the Sims 2!!!!!!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then and type sfc /scannow (note the space) click OK and load the XP CD. This should check and replace the core system files.

Try update again but if it kicks up it could be that the Background Intelligent transfer service is not running. Click start then run and type services.msc then double click backgound intelligent and set the start up type to automatic, click apply then OK

Download and install TuneUp 2004 thirty day trial and run the clean up and optimize sections

TuneUp 2004

Icyangel93

Icyangel93

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY PROBLEM AT THE MOMENT AND I DON'T KNOW IF ANYBODY CAN FIX IT?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
So how come checking the system files won't help replace the cabinet file

Icyangel93

Icyangel93

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
sorry i have checked but when it has finsished nothing happens and it just goes away

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It does that, might be worth checking to see if the cabinet file is there or post the exact file which it says is missing

Icyangel93

Icyangel93

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
How do i do that?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Go for Direct X again to see if it says the file is missing. The TuneUp thing is free for 30 days and might help.

Icyangel93

Icyangel93

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i will try the tune up thing but when i still download directX it says the same thing have downloaded it more than 10 times