Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty 2 Start up

• Please log in to reply

sinxP

sinxP

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok, I installed CoD2 last night and played it for about half an hour. Now today I get the same problem the dangermouse had, about the "Cannot locate the CD/DVD-ROM" "Please insert the correct CD/DVD-ROM, select OK and restart application" I have read the other post but still cannot find the solution. I got it over new years, and havent installed it until now. The same thing happedn to my pc, the CD drive wasnt installed so I had to install it again, but this still didn't fix it. My PC's specs are past what it recomend, and I really want to get back playing it. Thanks.

Advertisements

Aficionado

Aficionado

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I had this same problem with BF2 and I fixed it by changing the way that my DVD reads the dics. I did t his throught the device manager. I went to the IDE properties that my DVD was assigned to and changed the transfer mode from DMA to the other one and then I restarted and it worked. I guess one lets you read raw data and the other doesn't. You can try this and see if it works, if not then just change it back. Hope it works. :tazz:

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Changing the transfer mode from DMA to PIO only mode can sometimes help.

sinxP

sinxP

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok, I dont know what I did, but now it works. I think I did change the drive setting though. Thanks for the help