Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

video card for COD 2

• Please log in to reply

UNC

UNC

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I want to buy call of duty 2 and im looking for a video card that's somewhere between $100 and $200. Now i have an integrated radeon x200 and it can not run cod2 on it's default settings. Can someone please telll me where and what card to buy that can run call of duty 2 well. I was looking at a 6800GS 256MB PCI-E
eVGA for $ 187 with a 20 dollar mail in rebate. How would that work? Thank You.

i have an hp media center pc
3800+ amd athlon 64 X2
1 GB memory
250 GB hard drive
radeon x200 video card

Edited by UNC, 24 January 2006 - 09:05 PM.

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

I want to buy call of duty 2 and im looking for a video card that's somewhere between $100 and $200. Now i have an integrated radeon x200 and it can not run cod2 on it's default settings. Can someone please telll me where and what card to buy that can run call of duty 2 well. I was looking at a 6800GS 256MB PCI-E
eVGA for $ 187 with a 20 dollar mail in rebate. How would that work? Thank You.

i have an hp media center pc
3800+ amd athlon 64 X2
1 GB memory
250 GB hard drive
radeon x200 video card

6800gs is the best bang for the buck and I recommend it. Evga is a fine product. Just double check to make shure your motherboard has pci express 16x. Almost all does but just double check, sometimes manufacturers can be weird.

Edited by jrm20, 24 January 2006 - 10:42 PM.

UNC

UNC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Ok thanks a lot. but i was wondering if you knew how it ran more demanding games such as cod2. Yes my motherboard does have a pci-e. Where can i check if it is 16x. Im almost positive it is.

Edited by UNC, 25 January 2006 - 04:57 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
PCI-E only comes in one speed(well the gfx interface components anyway). It will play it quite well you should manage high settings no bother, and should play all the other new games out, without trouble.

UNC

UNC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Ok im going to get the 6800 gs 256 mb 256 bit and im buying a 20.1 inch lcd monitor. I was just wondering if these two are a good match. I was also wondering if that card is compatible with the monitor and with the power suply of my computer. The monitor is a 20.1 inch westinghouse. I also have an amd motherboard. I think. It is an amd athlon x2 processor.

Edited by UNC, 08 February 2006 - 11:59 PM.

Darryl

Darryl

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
You may also want to check out the x800gto2. They can be overclocked well and reach x850xt PE speeds.