Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Media Center

• Please log in to reply

confused234

confused234

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Before I go completely nuts can someone please tell me is Windows Media Center suppose to come with the MY TV button ? As of right now it shows: Play DVD, Online Spotlight, My Videos, My pictures, My music, More Programs and Settings.

It's rather odd to me that I had the My TV button prior to Dell restoring my system back to the partition area. Yeah, I bought a Dell and it has been nightmare city since I hooked it all up on December 28, 2005!

Thanks for any help.
confused234

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
yes, it should. If you have a tv tuner. When you restored, did you install the driver for the tv tuner?

confused234

confused234

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thank you for responding. I bought a Dell computer with Windows XP Media Center 2005 along with a TV Tuner card and many other little extras and software. Well, one day (about 10 days ago) I decided I wanted to put a TV recorded show onto a dvd. I went to Microsofts web site to get detailed directions. And my world has been a huge nightmare. It clearly states that on the Disc Format page in Media Center it should have the options Audio CD; Data CD and Video DVD. I only have Audio and Data CD when I go to one create cd/dvd and only data cd when I go to my videos. Tech support has done many things and then they did a total restore (right back down to where they deleted some partitions) which totally freaked me out! But each time they assured me this time it would work. They did this TWICE and still no Video DVD is showing in the Disc Format page. Now they say they have to send my problem to a higher level tech support and get back with me.

So, I was just wondering, if you or anyone out there has had this problem before and if so how was it corrected? Is the video dvd option only available on the 2005 edition? Oh, I have Sonic Digital Media Plus and MY DVD Plus! VERSION 7 I believe it says.

Thanks for any/all help/suggestions or thoughts.
Confused234 even more since I bought a Dell computer.