Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply

Night71

Night71

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok, I have a couple of problems that I hope someone can solve. On certain web pages when I type in my User name and password and submit it accepts the login but does not actually login. The page acts as if I am a new user and does not display any of my information. This is not on all pages but I do have another compute rin the house and am able to lg into them that way. I do clear the cache on that computer after I am done.
Second just started this morning. I was trying to fill out an application at American InterContinental University but every time I click on the apply online link it gives me this page cannot be displayed. I thought maybe they were doing maintenance on the sight so a went to Cingular to try and look at my bill and it gave me the same error as if I can't go through metalinks. If anyone has an answer please let me know or needs anymore information let me know as well. Thank you.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Welcome Night71 <_<

If this only happens with secure sites, try this - with all browser windows closed, Go to Start->Run and copy and paste each of the following, hitting ok after each:

regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 wintrust.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 dssenh.dll
regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32 sccbase.dll
regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll

Reboot, then try to access the sites that were giving you problems again.

Night71

Night71

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Tried your suggestions and it did not work. There were two of the regsvr that did not succeed though. They were the regsvr32 dssenh.dll and the regsvr32 sccbase.dll. Could this be my problem? Thank you for your quick reply.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Let us take a closer look at what is running on your PC. We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool (HiJackThis) and post a log back here with the results.

Click the HijackThis Guide in my signature, download it and follow the instructions in the guide.

Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.