Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can/t hear wavs on webpages

• Please log in to reply

foxymama

foxymama

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
my browser is internet explorer and I am running 6.0.. sp2.. I have all the latest updates as far as I know for media player

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
they are up to media player 10 now, if i am not mistaken, have you got that update?

foxymama

foxymama

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
yes I have the latest one.. The 10.0.. I just checked and I have the latest updates installed on it.. I have gotten e-mails from people to download firefox as a browser and try that...I guess I could download quick time and see if it will play the wavs on the webpages.. I just don't know what I need to do.. I unchecked my firewall with my anti virus program to see if that would help and it didn't.. I just think something is missing or something is blocking my downloads from there.. I know my anti virus warning will pop up and tell me an active X is trying to run.. so I am wondering if it is blocking things on pages.. I have AVG prof. on my desktop.. My problem is I just paid 89.00 for the pcillin.. I guess I could try and uninstall it and put on the AVG free one for now and see what happens..My internet provider told I don't actually need a firewall with dial up..But since I paid for the antivirus program I would rather find another solution.. and it may not be that