Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FIRST OC

• Please log in to reply

ANDYSUDS

ANDYSUDS

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have just built my first machine and am now wanting to look into the art of o/cl,i was wondering if somebody could have a look at my spec and give me a few pointers as where to start

ASUS A8N SLI DELUXE SKT 939
ATHLON 64 3800+ VENICE
250gb MAXTOR DIAMONDMAX 10 SATA 16mb
1 GB CORSAIR TWIN MATCHED MEMORY
2X WINFAST 6600GT SLI GRAPHICS
NEC 3540A 16xDUAL LAYER DVD RW
PHILLIPS 8421 DVD RW
THERMALTAKE TWV 500W PURE POWER PSU
MICROSOFT WIRELESS KEYBOARD & MOUSE
WINDOWS XP PRO

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You might get an extra 200Mhz or so out of it maybe three not that much for the chip, use bios or clockgen for it, but that CPU is allready running at near its max speed, a 3700+ would have been a better overclocking choice as its at the bottom of its speed range whereas at the 3800+ speeds the venice core is nearing its maximum easily attainable speed. You want to start off by loosening up the ram timings as otherwise they are usually set for tightest possible timings these are to low for higher clock speeds on the memory.