Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

spooled documents

• Please log in to reply

JiminyClickIt

JiminyClickIt

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Does anyone know how to look at the content of a job on the print queue before printing it?
Also, does anyone know how to move a spooled job from one printer to another?
I have several printers of the same type at work, and several computers that use them. These are HP
printers (6540s) that for some reason install a separate driver for each one. So after a job is sent to one
printer, if it leaves the main office or is disabled, we can't print that job. I would like to be able to move the
job to another HP6540 driver and, of course, print it.
Thanx, all...

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
When you press file then print, do you get the option to choose the printer, I have 6 printers and can have them all running at the same time this way

JiminyClickIt

JiminyClickIt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
yes, we select printers at the time we're calling for a print, but the question is about what happens later.
After putting, say, a dozen jobs on the queue, time runs out and we turn off the computer with jobs waiting.
The next day, someone moves that printer, and I can't print those jobs. Even putting another HP6540 on doesn't help.
Do you have two instances of the same printer type in your printers folder? I have as many as six of the
HP6540s, so I could run several at the same time. The problem is that if that specific 6540 isn't available, I'd like to be able to move those jobs to the queue for a different 6540 and print them.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
See if this helps, it may get round the printers being " moved " which is probably the problem

http://lpd.brooksnet...ueue-types.html

Not cheap but the 21 day trial should let you find out if it helps