Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

norton ghost question

• Please log in to reply

delica88

delica88

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
hey guys heres a question..
i have a completely brand new hard drive un partitioned and empty. if i was to connect this hard drive to my other desktop can i ghost it so that it partitions and copies it so that it is exactley the same

thanks

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It would only be of use to the PC you copied it from because the Operating System will expect to see a certain hardware configuration before it will load

delica88

delica88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
ok so how do i partition the hard drive to install windows xp as i do not know how

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
How big is the drive, do you want it to remain as one unit or have partitions of different sizes

delica88

delica88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
i have given my hard drive to an ict technician at my school to mess around with it as he knows his stuff when it comes to computers
thanks for your help