Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google is doing some strange things.......

• Please log in to reply

tameuk

tameuk

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi there,
Firstly please excuse my ignorance to computer usage, im am a novice home user, and i would really appreciate your help.

I have Windows XP, and have all the up date AVG anti virus and Microsoft Beta anti spyware.

I dont do [bleep] or anything of the such and really only use my computer to browse the internet and play a very old coply of Red Alert, however the much i miss my Amiga 500+!! I still havent got a clue on how to get into all of that emulation stuff!!!

But thats besides the point,

Recently for no apparent reason, every time i do a search in google, it comes up with relevent pages, however when i click on the link it takes me to a completely different site! for instance a "abc search" or Spyware removal tool site! even if the site is a government link!

Friends have told me i have some sort of spyware, but i am reluctant to download yet more software, because previous experience has tought me that alot of these companies actually make the whole probelm a [bleep] of a lot worse!

There is no other problems with my PC and everything is runnig fine! when i do a scan through AVG or the microsoft antispyware there is no appparent problems!

I thank you in advance for any advice you can give me....

Thanks again

Jay

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum in my signature and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

i promise no software will be suggested here that comes with spyware or (when properly used) will cause damage to your system

tameuk

tameuk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thankyou!!!

Im on the case!!!

Thanks again
Jay