Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

java problem i think

• Please log in to reply

Dontais

Dontais

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Hello , havn't been around lately just busy at work. But on my home pc lately i keep having some issues with the java client i am useing i think. When i go to use any java aplications it freezes my computer up 100% and im not able to acces anything it makes a beep then stops responding. I tried scanning for malware and virus's and havn't found anything that could make this happen for myself. I use a program called azurus and its java based aswell and it tends to stop responding when i leave it run the it start to shut my system down slowly. I tried to remove the java cache before aswell and it seemed to lock the computer up competly. This seem quit strange and im a little puzzuled here could it be that the java is currpt or is something on my system messed up?

If anyone has any ideas on what i should do i would gladly apritiate it or know of any places i can start from. I'm using windows xp pro with all the latest updats.

Note: the java program i use is called Azureus if that helps a little.

Thanks in advance Dontais for the feedback :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Azureus is a java based P2P programme and Geeks To Go do not provide assistance with them

Dontais

Dontais

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
i used Azurus as an expamle so u don't supply any help on Sun Java either? If u notice i try to del the cache for Sun Java it will lock the computer down , and also if i go to use any other java based programs. tnx for ignoring my problem it feels like :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Which version of Sun Java are you using

Dontais

Dontais

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
In ad or remove i have:
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 update 5
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 update 6

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Uninstall both those, you should uninstall the previous version whenever updating Sun Java

Run disc clean up, click view downloaded programme files, remove the java entries, reboot

Download and install the latest version

Dontais

Dontais

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
ok tnx never thoght of that , learn something new everyday