Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Pavilion dead HELP!

• Please log in to reply

j_jay

j_jay

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a HP Pavilion ze4125 laptop. The other day i was working with it when i had to reboot in safemode. So when i rebooted i pressed the F8 key (like i have done numberous times before on my desktop) anyhow the machine started to boot but instead locked up so i did like i have always done and rebooted it again. Now all it does is act like it wants to start but instead it goes as far as all the lights light up and the hard drive tries to boot but thats it. No screen no nothing just the all the lights are on. :tazz: Please help someone I dont want to have to buy a new one. So does anyone have any clue as to what happened? :)

Advertisements

Archpope

Archpope

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm not sure, but the first place I'd look is in the BIOS. Just double-check it to make sure that the hard drives are still listed properly, then check the boot order. On my DV9000, F8 changes boot order first, then displays Windows boot options. HP really should have made it a different button, but there you go.
Also, what were you doing in safe mode? Maybe it was nothing, maybe you have a dual-boot machine and were mucking about with GRUB. There might be a clue there.
Best of luck to you.

Edited by Archpope, 14 May 2008 - 07:57 PM.