Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Generic webcam without driver

• Please log in to reply

mena

mena

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just bought an unbranded cheap webcam from ebay, even if the ligth turns on when I connect it to the USB port, the camera does not load any image. When I tried my yahoo messenger, it said that no camera was detected.
I tried already to look for a driver on the internet without any success.
The camera has the following specifications, printed on the box:

Sensor: CMOS
Resolution: 640X480 Pixel (VGA Format)
Interface: USB
Frame Rate: Up to 30 fps@CIF; 15fps@vga
Lents: 1/3 Inch
Focus: From 30mm to infinity adjustable

It is really a webcam with really basic characteristics but I would like to make it work.
When I bought it I think that it will be just plug and play with windows XP it wasnt!!
Any help to find the rigth driver for this webcam will be very much appreciated.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
somewhere either on the box or the camera itself there should be a sticker with some numbers...can you find a number that starts with FCC?

mena

mena

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the reply, unfurtanely there is no mention in the box of a FCC followed by a series of numbers.
What I found on the box is the catalog number from Argos, a catalog store here in the UK and another number below.

676/1147 (D) This is the catalog number from argos
P/O No.: 402014 I dont have a clue what this number means, could be the part number.

Thanks again for the reply