Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hard Drive/Printer conflicts

• Please log in to reply

jeangfl

jeangfl

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have installed a new Seagate hard drive (120 Gig) and a new version of Windows XP home - after my 18 month old HP Pavillion a450n hard drive crashed and burned! Now my Minolta Laser 1350W printer (new in November '05) won't connect after resart and/or shutdown - I have to uninstall and reinstall my software! And my brand new Epson cx7800 printer/scanner has stopped scanning. The computer won't recognize the scanner software although the printer works. Is there something about the new hard drive that is causing these conflicts? Please help! This is driving me crazy! Thanks. Jean G :tazz:

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G Jean. Apologies for the delay in replying to your topic.

Can you tell me which interface both of the two devices in question use? i.e are they both USB & if so, so you have them connected directly to USB ports or are they connected through a USB hub?

jeangfl

jeangfl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello Samm - Thanks for the reply, I think I have "cured" the Epson problem (it is USB connected) but can not seem to figure out the Minolta - it is connected through a serial port - they are both connected directly to the computer - THANKS! Jean

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Re. the Minolta then, can you explain exactly what you mean when you say it won't connect after a reboot please?

Also, correct me of I'm wrong but I believe that that particular model has both USB & Parallel interfaces. Have you tried setting it up using the USB connection instead?