Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop hangs, until I disable modem

• Please log in to reply

Calipepe

Calipepe

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
When I power up my laptop, it will load about 75%, then hang for good. I must hold the power button down to turn off. I can then go into safe mode and disable the modem, and restart and it will start just fine. This is my work laptop that I dial direct to corporate. I am using a dial up connection. The modem is a Xircom MPCI+ Modem 56 WinGlobal. What can I do to remedy this. It seems when I send it to have it repaired, it comes back and works for a little bit, then gets worse everytime I start it. Thank you.
Gary

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
when the problem starts happening...get into safe mode and right click on my computer > manage > device manager...do you see any yellow ? or !

Calipepe

Calipepe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I can do anything when it hangs up.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
alright...well...i guess when it's not happening then hehe....

Calipepe

Calipepe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
no i don't see any