Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with ATI Radeon X300

• Please log in to reply

Krioniq

Krioniq

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I am seeking help with my ATI Radeon X300 128MB (PCI Express) video card. While I am running certain software titles, such as "Madden NFL 2006", the video will freeze the entire computer, sometimes recovering the system with ATI's VPU Recover. This crashing is liable to happen anytime there are 3D graphics on the screen within the application, and happens at unpredictable intervals. However, while running a more graphically intensive software title, specifically "Doom 3", I have no crashing issues whatsoever. My drivers for the card are up-to-date, and the card is not and has not ever been overclocked.

My computer's other relevant specs are as follows:

Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz
1 GB RAM

Any help in this matter would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Krioniq, 25 January 2006 - 10:46 PM.

Advertisements