Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ad-Aware freezes on Temp/AAWTMP folder

• Please log in to reply

rbad

rbad

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hello,

I have recently sought help in the Malware forum to clear my computer of spyware and malware. I encountered a problem using Ad-Aware.

Whenever I run a full system scan of Ad-Aware it freezes on the following folder

C:\DOCUME~1\Ramy\LOCALS~1\Temp\AAWTMP\C1867234\213D23\Ramy2

and will not complete the scan. I am able to run a smart system scan without difficulty, presumably because it does not scan this folder.

I have tried to delete the Temp\AAWTMP folder and even the Temp folder but every time I do this and run the Ad-Aware scan again, the folder rematerializes! I have tried deleting both in safe and normal mode, with and without rebooting, the result is the same.

Also of interest, within the Temp folder there is also a notepad file that reappears called 'jusched' with the following data in it:

Mon Jan 23 21:21:24 2006
:: nextSched=Sun Feb 19 22:00:00 2006
; sleeptime (sec=2335116, hours=648), actual sleep=2336373000 msecs

Mon Jan 23 21:21:24 2006
:: lastSchedTime= Thu Jan 19 22:00:00 2006
;

I have noticed that when I run the Ad-Aware smart scan there is an item with the same name as listed below

#:29 [jusched.exe]
FilePath : C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\
ProcessID : 2152
ThreadCreationTime : 1-24-2006 2:11:22 AM
BasePriority : Normal

I am not sure if there is some connection. The person helping me in the Malware section recommended I come to the Applications forum to try and figure out how to resolve this problem so I can use the Ad-Aware full system scan. Below is a link to my previous post in the Malware forum if this will clarify things further.

http://www.geekstogo...are-t89428.html

I hope you can help resolve this issue.

Thank you in advance.

rbad

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
grr....the lavasoft forum used to have a topic on that..but their closed...

go to the support section of the lava soft website http://www.lavasoft.de/ pick the faq option and then pick the adaware se thing...it will push you down the page the the se section there is a heading titled Ad-Aware freezes while performing a scan.click that and follow those directions while i see if i can find something better

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
do you have norton antivirus installed on your computer? i found a very small portion of a fix...i could only see one portion of one scentence so it may not be helpful..but it said something about adding the full path to the aawtmp folder into the NAV exceptions section...

rbad

rbad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thanks for your swift response.

I looked up the Ad-Aware page. They recommend Updating to the 1.06 version and then defragmenting the drive (which I will do in the next day). After that they recommend running Ad-Aware from Start>Run several times and stopping prematurely.

I do not have Norton anymore (I did before but it really slows things down far too much).

Will be in touch.

rbad

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
let me know how it goes