Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Want to go between multiple networks

• Please log in to reply

nwhittle

nwhittle

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a home office wireless connection with a D-Link DI-524 and a comcast cable high speed. My D-Link has two vonage Linksys Broadband Routers for my phone lines. When we installed vonage and cable from DSL, D-Link talked me through getting my addresses back so everything would work, however then my laptop was not able to connect back on to the web.

Well after a lot of googling, I'm back on the web with my laptop, but it won't see the other computer on my peer to peer like it did before the whole changeover.

I will tell you that I have WEP enabled and a key is assigned.

So here are my two problems, the first as stated above I need to be able to see the other computers and be able to use their printers wirelessly.

The second part of my problem, is that I manage a non profit consignment store. There is a very strong default unsecured connection there, but I was having problems getting on to the internet with it. I will have to try it again now that I have got it working in my office.

Then the consignment store has its own peer to peer, is there no way to easily jump between my home office peer to peer and my consignment peer to peer?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Advertisements

nwhittle

nwhittle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I just wanted to add to my original. On my home/office network, the other computers are plugged in to one of the Linksys Broadband routers.

Nikki

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts

is there no way to easily jump between my home office peer to peer and my consignment peer to peer?

I believe the computer should automatically detect a network whether you are at home or work and just give you an IP address, you will just have to add each network to your list the first time the computer detects it.

As for your networking problem where you cannot share printers or resources... Are you running Service Pack 2 on those machines? If you are then you will need to go to the Windows Firewall in Control Panel and enable "File and Printer Sharing". You also need the exact same account on each computer in order to be able to share resources. Let me know how things work out.

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz: