Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Severe Problem with XP

• Please log in to reply

chris7ba

chris7ba

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Okay, I know I'm infected with trojans that send me popups from urllogic and xlime.offeroptimizer. The thing is, I cannot get into your forum about malware, and I cannot go to the site for downloading HijackThis. Whenever I try, IE closes down. Whenever I CTRL+ALT+DELETE to bring up the Task Manager, I cannot view the processes running. I have Ad-Aware SE, SpywareBlaster, and Spybot - Search & Destroy; all of which I know do nothing about the hijacking of my registry. I wanted to also bring your attention to an "azaeri.dll" which Ad-Aware always tells me cannot be removed. If you could get back to me on this thread, I'd appreciate the help, and promise never to go again to sites promoting Charlize Theron. :tazz:

Chris

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Have you tried downloading and installing Firefox to use instead of IE, at least until you get rid of the hijack stuff which may not affect firefox if it's targetted at IE. You may even prefer Firefox since your less likely to get hijacked with it. It's less than 5MB download but every bit as capable as IE, and has a built-in pop-up stopper.

http://www.mozilla.o...oducts/firefox/