Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Freezing

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Hope it goes well now

Advertisements

den01

den01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Me too!

I am very often on this site and I have learnt very much here. Through other posts I even successfully manage some malware and settings problems that I have. And for me personally you gays and girls are the best (especially for somebody like me how are not in comp so much, or not at all).
But then when I see what kind of problems other have – well, what to say, I am pretty much very happy.

Once more
THANKS

Den

den01

den01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Hi Keith me again,

Well this morning I have quite a lot of problems to start the comp.
1. first, it start ok and that screen went black after 1-2 min.
2. after rebooting system didn’t start at all
3. well a few times after that I have repeated the restart but it was same as on 1 and 2
4. finally, I have unplug the cable out of the comp and eventually afterwards I am able to post this to you.

Between our last chat yesterday basically it happens just one this: I had one more security update for .net Framework.

Please, any advice on this.

Thank you

Regards,

Den

den01

den01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
This is strange:
In the event viewer I have from yesterday, next to application, security and system, fourth folder which is ACEEventLog and there is zillion of logs, and it seems that every second produce a one log.

In the log description is:
0000000001: 2006-01-28 10:06:37:593 Unknown ACE Component Shell type [unknown]
Error Called by: ATI.ACE.CLI.Implementation.CLI::Main processID:03268 threadID:(CLIMace ) domainName:(cli.exe ) assemblyName:(CLI.Implementation, Version=1.2.2195.38497, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

I have check the site but there is nothing there.

can stop this – I mean producing the log every second will constantly eat a lot of memory.

Other problem that I just realize:
by opening the contacts in outlook I have the first screen with them which is fine, but when I try to scroll down its just blank, as that there are no more contacts.

I hope this can help you to narrow the problem. Thank you.

Den

den01

den01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
update: outlook is fine now. i have used inbox repair tool and its working fine.

still im uneasy with blackouts.

for any advice - thanks.

den

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
ATI cards have VPU Recover, this gives black screens for a few seconds, is this what you are having

den01

den01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
yes, hmm, well I think?!

my comp at that point just dies... and apparently there is nothing going on, then, if i:
1. press reboot button it restart itself but just stays on black screen (but it seams that is something going on in the HD, but screen stays black)
2. press main power button and its switched immediately (no 10 sec waiting or so)

This morning, after all above (few times), I have unplugged the power, and up to now its OK, but as I said im very uneasy with this (and this logs are just multiplying)

Hoppe it helps. Do you want me to do or check anything else?

Thank you Keith

Den

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click the ATI icon and look for this

[attachment=6203:attachment]

Then on the right, you can remove the tick for VPU recover

[attachment=6204:attachment]

They are under graphics settings

See how that goes

den01

den01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
i done it. this will sort out the logs as well?

will see how it goes. hoppe it will be OK.

thank you.

regards

den

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The logs might be another thing, check and let me know

Advertisements

den01

den01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
ok. thank you. i'll spy on it for a day or two.

den

den01

den01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Hi Keith,

Just to update you: the comp is working perfectly OK – there is no freezing, and it seems that comp is much faster – so all to all thanks for advices.

As for the logs – there are around 7-10 per day. All of them with similar message:
0000000001: 2006-01-31 16:40:33:765 Unknown ACE Component Shell type [unknown]
Error Called by: ATI.ACE.CLI.Implementation.CLI::Main processID:03124 threadID:(CLIMace ) domainName:(cli.exe ) assemblyName:(CLI.Implementation, Version=1.2.2195.38497, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

Is this something I should be aware of or its just fine. Thanks.

Den

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
ATI update things so often they probably don't get the official nod from windows, which could be the reason windows is logging the activity

If the PC is running well and you can resist the temptation to look at the logs :tazz: I would settle for the improvement and enjoy the computer

den01

den01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Thanks.
I will enjoy it now.
Regards,
Den