Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Save as" option in website not there (right click)

• Please log in to reply

kikoman

kikoman

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi, I am new into html code so please forgive me if this is a "silly" question!!!
I have create with Microsoft Publisher 2003 a web site and then copied and paste the code into the hosting website through webftp. Everything works fine with the website is just that when I right click on the images I don't get the option to "save as" them. I would really like people to be able to save them. The same applies to "save target as" option. Could you please help me how to deal with this matter? I know the basics of html so I could insert some code if of course thats the case!
The website in question is the following
http://members.lycos...rpool/home.html

Thank you for your help

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
And this is why people shouldn't really be using a program like Publisher which isn't designed for making web pages. Because it throws up problems like this.

Because of the source code making up this web page, there's no way anybody's going to be able to decode it to find out what's happening.

What it looks to have done is made one big transparent "layer" (think of it as cling film) for some obscure reason and put it on top of everything else so when you right-click, you're actually clicking on this layer which isn't actually an image at all.

Best piece of advice I can give you is to download this:
http://www.download....j=uo&tag=button

And redo the site. 1st Page works on similiar lines to Publisher and its also free. Give it a try if nothing else.