Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help With System Registry

• Please log in to reply

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi, I've just recently had SpyBot Search and Destroy start complaining about this registary entry "PRIVANAL."

What ever the heck that is sounds nasty, and I have clicked the allow box several times, however, every time that I restart my PC it pops up again.

I'm not really sure, but I think that thingy is in referance to a program, that I have recently deleted from my system, called "ANONIMIZER."

Can anyone tell me what that little bugger is for, and how to kill it so that it goes away? I'm attaching a screen shot to show what it looks like.

Thanks for any advice, Wendy[attachment=6176:attachment]

Advertisements

rivekm

rivekm

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Wendy, you should put this in the malware forum so you can get help :tazz:

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi rivekm, Thanks for the reply, I shall do just that.
Thanks Wendy

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Well Anonimizer is a program for automatic and random PROXY setter.

Perhaps you snagged a bad proxy and the host tagged you with a virus.

Proxie's are a controvertial device. They can provide the greatest security and weakness, because while you don't use your actual IP to connect to websites, you have to pass through the proxy server, which means that the server sees and can modify everything passing through.

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi Vaillant, Thanks for the reply Boo. I know the part about what Anonymizer is/does, and I'm pretty sure that "PRIVANAL" is something that was left over from when I uninsulated SpyWare Killer Pro.

My virus checker isn't having any fits so I don't think that I've picked up any germs anywhere in my travels. I just want to find out why SpyBot Search & Destroy keeps finding it every time that I re-start my system, and how to get it plumb out if I can.

I took rivekm's advice, and posted over in malware too, so maybe someone will be able to tell me what to do about it.

Thanks Wendy

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
follow the instructions at the top then post a hijakthis log...do not simply repost this post there