Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

USB stopped working

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
O.K., I think Iíve tried everything I know. None of my USB devices get recognized, camera, mp3 player, webcam, I plug them in and nothing, nada, zip. No error message either. If I go to the respective program and try to manually use the device Iíll get a message like ďcamera is not plugged inĒ. Iíve tried many devices with many cables but the computer just doesnít see it.
Hereís what Iíve done to try and rectify: The USBís (2 of them on and all-in-one motherboard) show up in device manager, they are indicated as working. I have uninstalled and re-booted, I have searched for updated drivers, (drivers are up to date) I have gone into the BIOS and they are there and configured. Iíve searched forums and where I have found a similar problem, there has never been a solution other than what I have already tried. I did see a suggestion about clearing NVRAM but found no feedback indicating this would help or what it involved.
Appreciate any suggestions.