Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton System Works 2006

• Please log in to reply

theBoar

theBoar

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hey Guys,
I downloaded a Norton System Works Premium 2006 torrent the other day and proceeded to install it. With the torrent i also received a product key. I entered my product key and finished my install, afterwards i was asked to acctivate my product. So the software connected with the Norton server so that it could acctive my System Works, but a message came back to me that "there is a problem with your product key", and it wont let me acctivate. I am then told that I only have a 15 day product license until i finish my acctivation, after the 15 days my product wont work! :)
I've tried reinstalling NSW'06 using a different product key that i was able to find but with the same result upon acctivation. I am under the assumption that the product keys are correct, otherwise why would i be able to install the software....so with that been said....what is going on here :)
If anyone has an idea as to why i am unable to acctivate, OR if anyone knows how to fix this problem....i would luuuuuv to know...THANKS! :tazz:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You're unable to activate because of the fact its a torrent key. These have all been pirated. You're not getting any support here I feel.

Go to a computer shop and buy a genuine copy of System works, then you'll have a proper product key which will activate properly. Then if that doesn't activate properly, then you have cause to complain.

rivekm

rivekm

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Or you could download the product from symantecs website and get a valid product. :tazz: