Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Hunt for the Right MoBo

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
Ok… So I am looking for a new Motherboard and would like some suggestions (please and thank you)

What I am looking for in my MoBo

Duel Core Possessor 64Bit (of course)
NVIDIA Chipset
AGP 8 (Ya.. I know but I have a BFG 6800 Ultra.. so I aint giving that up!)

The “LANPARTY UT nF3 ULTRA-D” seem to have everything I am looking for… but everyone seems to put down DFI and tells me that they suck.

…what do you think?

Also there is the “ASRock 939DUAL-SATA2 ATX S939 ULI” NVIDIA just bought this company and I was told that that would make the ULI Chipset more similar to the NIVIDIA Chipset …I don’t see how that could be??

So what do you think of the two MoBo’s there and do you have any other ideas on motherboards!

Edited by coasttech, 27 January 2006 - 01:44 AM.

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
DFI is one of the best board makers. They are espesially good for overclocking. If you are not giving up 6800 card then go for it.