Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Warcraft 3

• Please log in to reply

SpatulaFace

SpatulaFace

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, I play many PC games Including Counter-Strike, Counter-Strike : Source, World of Warcraft, Battlefield 2 etc, and I have no problems at all. I recently bought WC3:FT, and notice whenever I alt + tab out of game, to view IM's or search the net when dead, I have severe delay.. 1/2 of my icons show up, then about 30 seconds later the rest of them pop up and it runs fine from then on. It seems to normally only happen when playing WC3..

My specs are 3.2ghz P4, 2 gigs corsair pc3200 ram, g-force6800gt 256mb.

I've downloaded AVG and I already have AdAware and Hijack - It finds no problems at all. What could be the problem?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you are not having any problems. this is perfectly normal. Many games, especially newer ones, are heavy on cpu cycles and graphics. so when you alt tab to the windows desktop it has to finish with the game thread, then go to the tasks that you are wanting to do. all that process causes the video to redraw slowly.

it would be better if you quit the game and then answered your I'ms. An alternatave would be to go with something like xfire wich allows the im client to intergrate with the game allowing you to chat on im while playing.