Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Abusive Content

• Please log in to reply

STV0726

STV0726

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
:tazz: It is a long story (I shared a bit of it with Kat,) but I just realized that some girl I know has posted a ton of offensive spam-like content on me on another forum.

I threatened if it wasn't removed I would take action. Since you guys are so good with lawsuit stuff, what can I do to get her in trouble. It shows her hostname and her location I think, and her name so I have proof.

Thanks all!

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
Have you asked a moderator or admin to remove it?

STV0726

STV0726

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Yes, in the message I said "...AND IF THIS DOES NOT GET REMOVED IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS BY A MODERATOR OR KAYLA HERSELF, I WILL TAKE ACTION."

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
It really depends on the contents of the message, as to what action you can take against this girl. And threatening the mods/admins probably wasn't the best way to go about it. I would wager that they would have been happy to remove it had you simply requested it. What sort of spam-like information did "Kayla" post?

STV0726

STV0726

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
It might not make sense--as this isn't her FIRST offense and there's a long story behind it, but I defended her from this other mean member, but she didn't like it and she said:

[removed]

Edited by admin, 28 January 2006 - 01:29 PM.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Moved to website hosting forum since this really doesnt belong in Geek U.

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

:tazz: It is a long story (I shared a bit of it with Kat,) but I just realized that some girl I know has posted a ton of offensive spam-like content on me on another forum.
I threatened if it wasn't removed I would take action. Since you guys are so good with lawsuit stuff, what can I do to get her in trouble. It shows her hostname and her location I think, and her name so I have proof.
Thanks all!

I don't believe that anyone at this site would want to be involved in "getting people in trouble" at other sites. I would suggest that if the poster of the "offensive spam-like content on you" won't remove the info in the post, then you must approach the Administrators of the site and put your case forward to them to have the content removed. If after contacting the Administrators at the other site and they still won't remove the content, and it still offends you, then I would suggest talking to a person in the legal profession to see what avenues are available to you.

I don't believe anyone at this site could or would make legal assumptions on your behalf unless qualified to do so.

Octagonal

Edited by Octagonal, 28 January 2006 - 09:24 PM.