Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wont Boot

• Please log in to reply

kai_snowball

kai_snowball

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hey i just dont understand when i turn on my computer it runs fine up to the windows startup screen but then after loading a bit the monitor goes into power save mode but the tower is still turned on ive checked all the connections and they are fine i just dont understand i would love it if someone could help me fix this problem the monitor is a LG Flatron L1710S if that is any help and the specs for the computer are P4 3.2GHz Processor 1Gb Ram 200GB hard drive Nivida Geforce 5500 graphics card and if u need any more specs just ask

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
can you start the computer in safe mode? if so...does the problem persist?

kai_snowball

kai_snowball

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
yes i can boot it in safe mode

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
can y ou go to the nvidia website and update your video card drivers to the most recent version?

kai_snowball

kai_snowball

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
thx its fine now but ill go and update the video card now anyway thx