Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

.nrg-Files: A good alternative for optimal quality ?

• Please log in to reply

y33haw

y33haw

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi folks,

I happened to find an old music album (cd) of my childhood and tried to play it, but unfortunally
the surface was so scratchy, that it didn't sound very well. Of course, I can forget THIS cd, but I
want to prevent that for my other cds in future by burning a copy of them with nero.
Question:
What's the deal about this nrg-format ???
Never heard of it. Does it compress the files of the original-cd or not ? Sorry for that question, but
I'm a totally newbie on that area. I just want, that I get the content of the original-cd every single bit
for bit, meaning lossless :tazz: , when I open the nrg-file. Is that possible or is the result as bad as
128-mp3s ? I'm audiophil and tiny artefacts, jumps and mistakes on music tracks drive me mad ^^ ...

Edited by y33haw, 27 January 2006 - 01:50 PM.

Advertisements