Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is my graphics card a goner?

• Please log in to reply

vonstogner

vonstogner

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
My Computer would keep rebooting itself after about 20 seconds after windows reloads right before my wallpaper appears. Now, the monitor is powered up and the computer is powered up, but there is no display on the screen. The monitor just has its standard message of 'check cable'. I checked the cable and the connection is fine. Is my graphics card (whatever it is called that my monitor plugs into) a goner?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
it's possible...do you not see the bios info at all? do you see anything during boot? is this an expansion card? (pci, agp, pcie?)....do you have onboard graphix?

vonstogner

vonstogner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I did see the bios during boot up, however, now the monitor acts like it isn't plugged in to the computer at all. I think it is agp. It is not on board graphics. That went toes up last year.