Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Like a Virus?

• Please log in to reply

bongybo

bongybo

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I was so pleased with the help I got on here when my computer had a Trojan that I am wondering if you can help with a problem a friend is having. She has been using Outlook Express for awhile. Suddenly, it stopped sending email and gave an error message. Internet browsers have also become painfully slow. Dell tells her it's a virus (based on what she told them) and said they resolve it, but for a charge, of course.

Does it sound like a virus? Would it likely get fixed by following your standard malware removal procedures?

I have never heard of this particular problem, but since Dell said it was a virus I thought it worth asking.

Thanks much!

Advertisements