Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need Driver for older Creative Modem Blaster

• Please log in to reply

Garry S

Garry S

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I'm trying to update a Win98 computer for a friend who has no money. I installed Win2000, but when I dropped an older fax/modem card into it, it would not come up with the drivers. I search everywhere online (well, almost everywhere), including the obvous place, Creative.com. No luck.

It's a Creative Modem Blaster DI5655-10.

Can anyone suggest a place to find the driver?

Thanks,

GS

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi there

I've just checked out driversguide.com for you & they do have the driver you require. I can't link to the page though because they require you to log in first.

Go to www.driversguide.com
To search for the driver, just select the device type (modem). For model number, enter DI5655 only & search.
From the list of results, choose a 2 or 3 of the most promising looking drivers.

Garry S

Garry S

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
You what's odd. I signed up for driversguide.com last night and never got a confirmation e-mail. I signed up again just now and am still waiting for it. I wonder what's up with that.

GS

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
OK, thats strange.
In that case, sign in using the name 'drivers' and password 'all'
When it gives you the warning about that expiring etc, just ignore it & click on the drivers tab at the top.

Garry S

Garry S

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thanks, Samm. That worked. Driversguide.com is a weird site, but beggers can be fussy.

BTW, if you feel back about Tony Blair, how do you think we feel about Bush and the mess he's made.

All the best,

GS

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Don't get me started on Bush! :tazz:

Garry S

Garry S

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Bob Herbert wrote an op-ed in Thursday's New York Times that sums it all up. The title is "The President Who Could Do No Right." He almost said something that I have asserted for a long time--that Bush is THE WORST President in history. Herbert said the worst in memory. Anyway, I think Presidents should be held accountable for their actions and policies. Nothing short of jail would fit Bush's crime. He's an embarassment, at best. He's made being an American risky (esp. when travelling overseas), etc. etc. I'll stop now.

See, you didn't have to get started on Bush. I did it for you.

GS

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

See, you didn't have to get started on Bush. I did it for you.

GS

thanks. saves me a rant!