Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cordless Mouse

• Please log in to reply

valuenut

valuenut

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hey guys,
my cordless mouse just went dead. ususally i change batteries and she is bouncing again. may be she dont like the trap I set in the kitchen. I have tried two sets of batteries which work fine in my tv remote but not much here. its a logitech cordless two pice. the receiver has what looks like a door but cant open it. Are there batteries in there two. Its about one year old and has worked just fine except for occasional battery change. Help...

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi

There shouldnt be any batteries in the receiver. This will draw its power from the USB or PS2 port instead.

Often though you will find that after changing the batteries in a cordless mouse, the mouse has to be resynchronised with the receiver, otherwise it wont work. This is normally done by holding down a button on the receiver while pressing the reset button on the underside of the mouse

valuenut

valuenut

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thanks Samm, it worked as you said and if I remember this is how I had set it up when I bought it two years ago.
This group is amazing. Now if I could get my car guy to help me like this... Thnks again

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
You're very welcome :tazz: