Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Video Card

• Please log in to reply

Comrade General

Comrade General

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

FINALLY got the card to day, was dying waiting all day, finally recieved it about 7PM.

Compared to my old card.. I am at a loss for words. I've played some of the games I used to on the higher settings and they look beautiful. Water looks real... trees look real.. everything looks awsome.

Now, I'm not sure what drivers I need to download. I thought GeForce drivers, but I got a message saying it couldn't find any drivers compatable with my hardware. So I'm a little confused.. I went under the "GeForce and TNT 2" section. And supposedly, under this section, my card is supported. I dunno, I guess its not important right now, but it will later. I want to keep my drivers up to date.

http://www.nvidia.co...p_2k_81.98.html

I really think that one's it. Also, congrats on your new card! Glad you like it! :tazz:

PS: What games do you play? :)

Edited by Comrade General, 08 February 2006 - 07:33 AM.

Advertisements

ADNoland

ADNoland

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
I thought those were the drivers I downloaded, I downloaded those anyways and I still get the no compatible hardware message.

Comrade General

Comrade General

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

I thought those were the drivers I downloaded, I downloaded those anyways and I still get the no compatible hardware message.

http://www.nvidia.co..._supported.html

Well thats odd, it says it supports it. Its not that big of deal but its nice to be in date. Well, redownload those, uninstall your old ones, and then try to install the one you downloaded.

ADNoland

ADNoland

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Well, I've been using my video card on alot of games. I played F.E.A.R and I'm in love <3. I'm also playing Day of Defeat: Source, everything looks amazing but I'm still experiencing hangups in gameplay, even with everything on its lowest settings. I have yet to switch/update drivers yet, so that may be the reason, or I believe my processor might be too slow, its only a 2.2Ghz celeron.

I've gone under the device manager and the driver version is 8.2.1.2.

I think I'll simply have to uninstall these drivers and try to install those other drivers and see if they'll take instead of giving me the it can't find hardware that'll work

ADNoland

ADNoland

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
well, removing the drivers that came with it and trying to install nvidias drivers didn't work. I'm going to write BFG an email, see what they have to say.

UV_Power

UV_Power

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
NEVER use the drivers that came with the card. Always get the ones off the website who made your card's GPU (in this case it would be nVidia). Since you already have these drivers, we can move on.

It's not just as easy as double-click setup.exe that came with the drivers. You need to remove the old drivers completely before you put the new ones on to avoid conflicts.

If you are neurotic about clean video performance, you can also run DriverCleaner after you remove your old drivers (and before you put on the new ones) just to make sure you got everything.

TweakGuides.com explains the whole process in great detail.

Hope this helps. :tazz:

ADNoland

ADNoland

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
I completely removed them, restarted, and tried to install the new drivers. Here's the email I got from BFG.

"We've heard about a lot of issues with the new driver set from nvidia. For now, all you can really do is make sure that your chipset drivers are fully up to date, and if they are, and the new drivers still won't work, then just keep using the drivers from the cd."

Comrade General

Comrade General

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
Chipset drivers, eh? So are they update? :tazz:

If not go to your motherboard's site and find them.

ADNoland

ADNoland

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
I don't know if I've delt with that before... I'm googling for information though.. downloaded some stuff from intel.. but it couldn't tell me any information, whatever it was looking for with the chipset.