Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

DCC Sharing Problem

• Please log in to reply

Matt T

Matt T

• PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
I have finally got my Windows 95 computer to connect to my windows xp computer successfully with a COM Cable. The only thing now is I can't seem to access the shared drive on the windows 95 computer from the windows xp computer.

Does anyone know how to do this?
Thanks
~Matt

Edited by Matt T, 16 December 2007 - 09:29 PM.

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hello matty,
Have you run the Network Setup Wizard on the Windows XP computer, and then created a Network Setup Disk, and run that on the Windows 95 computer? If not, what steps have you done to get the two machines to talk to each other?

Can you ping the Windows 95 computer from the Windows XP computer?

Finally, check the Windows 95 computer for any firewalls and/or software that might interfere with your Network Connection. If you have any firewalls, then please disable them and then try to connect.

-Dan

Matt T

Matt T

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
I have run the files and settings transfer wizard on both if that is what you are meaning. That doesn't work though. I have pinged it successfually and there are no firewalls etc on it.

They connect successfully but I can't get access to the HD of the windows 95 computer, when I have set up file sharing etc.

~Matt :tazz:

Edited by Matt T, 16 December 2007 - 09:30 PM.