Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need Help w/cd-rom and DVD-rw drives

• Please log in to reply

Justin_G

Justin_G

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
I have 2 optical drives a lite on cd rom and a lite on dvdrw. They have been working fine for about a year until i installed Nero 7 premium. when i installed nero the drives disappered. when i went to the trouble shooter i found out that it was a (code 39) driver is either missing or corrupt. so i did what it told me and uninstalled both my drives and reinstalled them. But the drivers were still corrupt. so then i went to the lite on website and found out that the only drivers for my drives were the windows ones. soooo can anyone help the devices are called:
MC7034E AEM741M SCSI CdRom Device
Lite-on dvdrw sohw-1633s
Lite-on Combo Sohc-5232k
Thank you :tazz:

Advertisements

Justin_G

Justin_G

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
found the problem i had to go into the registry and delete some filters

angela1975

angela1975

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having the same problem and error 39. Please let me know which filters you deleted so I can try this. Thank you