Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Bootup

• Please log in to reply

Logic_Overflow

Logic_Overflow

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Hey peeps,

I'm having a slight problem here. Whenever my computer boots up, it would start beeping constantly until the Log In screen appears. I know that the beeps indicate that there is a hardware problem. I open up my computer and I clean out what little dust there is. I first start by checking to see if there are any loose cables and if the RAM is loose (which if this was the case, the computer wouldn't boot at all), PCI Cards and such. Everything looked good and right where they were suppose to be. I booted again, and the same problem. This time I went out and bought new cables for my Harddrives and CD-ROM drives (I know this isn't the issue because both work fine with no problems), just for safe measure.

Everything else looks good and now I'm out of ideas as to what could be wrong. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Continuous beeping usually means bad ram or bad video ram. Check to see if the ram in system properties matches what you have in the puter. You can download memtest to see if there are bad modules in the ram. Also try a different video card and see if the puter still beeps.

SRX660

Logic_Overflow

Logic_Overflow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
The RAM still looks as if its 3 GB I'll have to do the test when I am going to bed. Anyway that I can check the Video Card RAM? I don't have a spare to place in and see if that is the problem or not.