Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keep getting MSOE.dll error

• Please log in to reply

fixit5561

fixit5561

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Hi,

When I try to open my outlook express 6 email, I keep getting an error that says, cant open Outlook Express because msoe.dll could not be initialized. I tried reloading outlook express but the error still comes up. I have to reboot my PC for my email to come up. ( this error doesnt happen all the time )

I did export my address book about a month ago, so I could load it into my laptop.

I dont want to lose my email address book either if at all possible.

I did search on the windows site and tried their fix but it didnt work.

The pc has windows 98 se on it and I'm running Internet Explorer 6 and it is updated.

Thank you
Brian

Edited by fixit5561, 28 January 2006 - 02:19 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, programmes, accessories, system tools, system information, tools to run system file check, replace any files it asks for from the 98SE CD

fixit5561

fixit5561

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Keith,

Hi, Thank you for your advice. I did exactly what you said, and I think it is fixed now. I waited a day after trying the fix, ( thats why I didnt post right away to thank you) to see if it was fixed before I thanked you.

Thank you very much for your help, I greatly appreciate it. And you guys here are just awesome!!!

Thanks again
Brian

Edited by fixit5561, 29 January 2006 - 12:18 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know