Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

startup errors, esp. NvQTwk and Outlook pointer

• Please log in to reply

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize

is still there....all this thing is is a control panel applet for your nvidia card.

You put a check in front of that line, then hit FIX?

You could also reinstall your nvidia drivers to recreate that file

http://www.nvidia.co...ers/drivers.asp

Advertisements

//j

//j

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Yes, I checked the line that you told me to fix (which was 04 - HKCUetc. NOT HKLM) and hit FIX. HKCU is gone. Should I do the same for HKLM?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
sorry, missed, it...yes

//j

//j

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi gerryf,

I fixed the second line, and my startup problem is gone. Thanks for your help on that.

You also suspected a malware problem -- the F2.....auserinit.exe. Can you give me an idea of how important it is to fix this? My access to the Internet is through a network with another computer. I never get any spam on mine, as it is all intercepted at the other location. I have Norton AV, which is up-to-date. Does this thing on my computer compromise the other one in our network?

My third question, when I started this with you, was whether my startup list was too lengthy, and if so, what could I get rid of. Did you have any comments on that?