Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bluescreen

• Please log in to reply

unknown error

unknown error

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
I have a feeling its a bad driver because I restart, go through half of the windows loading screen and BAM blue screen and restart. Can't go into safe mode either. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

ar31791

ar31791

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Are one of these your problems by any chance?
http://www.geekstogo...des-t43519.html

valis

valis

• PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
does the screen stay up long enough for you to get a reading of what is causing hte error? You are correct, it is most likely a driver, but we need to know which one to fix it. If you can't get in in either safe mode or regular mode, I would recommend disconnecting everything save your monitor, keyboard, mouse, and hard drive that has the os on it, and then see what happens. If you can boot normally, try checking out the event log at start > run > eventvwr.msc to see if you can get the name of the .sys file that is causing you the grief.

v

unknown error

unknown error

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Just ran a chkdsk and fixed it. Thanks though.