Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Errors

• Please log in to reply

Hei

Hei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Ok I did download RC.iso on my desktop.

Then tried to do this command:
"You need to burn this image to a CD and boot your computer with it--this is different than burning a file to a CD. If you do not know how to burn an ISO image, then download the following program to a Windows XP machine, install it.

[url="http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm""]http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm"[/url]

I get these options using your link:
Download
ISO Recorder V1 - for Windows XP Gold (no service pack) and Windows XP SP1
ISORecorder V2 - for Windows XP SP2 and Windows 2003 (including 64-bit OS)
ISO Recorder V3 - for Windows Vista (Beta 1)
CreateCD - command-line CD burning tool for Windows XP (all versions), Windows 2003 and Windows Vista

Not sure what to use...tried ISOrecorder 2 for Windows XP sp2 since this is what I got on my laptop, but I'm not able to find any "install - options"

Then tried the CREATE-CD options.....but not sure if this is what you meant? I come to a web site created by Alex Feinman

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
double click the .MSI file, it will install

Hei

Hei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
OK I took a chance and downloaded a Winzip file from Alex Feinman. I installed it...giving me an icon "create CD 130"

When I try to right click the RC file I downloaded earlier I don't get the option: COPY IMAGE TO CD.

I get an option for COPY....and one for "Send to..." and under this there is an option for E-mail, Bluetooth, Skype, Zipped file etc.

I don't see how I'm gonna get the ISO file connected to the "Create CD 130" programme.

I doubleclicked the Create CD 130 programme...but nothing happends...just a short moment of a black window flashing...is this normal?
Is this normal?

Edited by Hei, 30 January 2006 - 11:22 AM.

Hei

Hei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Cant see anything called MSIfile...but I double clicked ONE of the files in the ZIP compressed file of the Alex Feinxxx-programme ("Create CD"). The ofther file was called "FDRead" and I did not click on that. The files are with with a blue thick horizontal line on top.
None of these files was called MSI....and by rightclicking them..I was not able to see any "MSI"....

Are these MSI files perhaps....and I've done correct? Anyway I'm still not able to get the RC.ISO file copied to CD.

I have Sony burner installed on my computer, and when I downloded the RC.ISO file to my desktop it automatically got the same looking icon as my SONY burner programme. Perhaps this is not the way it is supposed to be?

Edited by Hei, 30 January 2006 - 11:26 AM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
it sounds like you download the x64 version

you want

ISORecorderV2RC1.msi
CLICK

Here is the current build.

Hei

Hei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
OK - I managed to download the right version finally. Not easy to see where to click for right version though.

Anyway.

Rigt clicking and "Copy image to CD"

I then get these options:

Source: Image file (ticked) C:\documents and settings\...blabla
CD (not ticked)

Recorder:
Properties D:No media (NOT possible to change this)

NO MEDIA PRESENT

CANCEL is highlited, NEXT and FINISH is not possible.

What do I do?

Tried to change the some of the settings but not able to find any setting that works in order to burn a CD.

Edited by Hei, 30 January 2006 - 12:30 PM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
did you put a blank cd in the cd-burner?

DID YOU REBOOT AFTER INSTALLING?

whoops, cap key stuck

Hei

Hei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
No I did not reboot. I'll do that now.

Yes I did put a blank CD in the laptop.

Hei

Hei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
I noticed that the icon for the ISO file changed after rebooting...to a white icon.

I right clicked it and Copy to CD, put a blank CD in laptop. During the burning there were 3 "error" sounds...the same as Windows make when something is wrong. No message was shown during these sounds.
The burning took some time...and the "closing of the CD" took 20 sec. I got a message that the burning was successfully carried out. BUT - after taking the CD out of the laptop there was an error message:

"RunDll32.exe
Rundll.exe has a problem and must be closed. We are sorry for this."

Have no idea what this is. Only one option responding to this message and that was CLOSE. Not sure what happends now. But was able to write you this message before clicking CLOSE.

Edited by Hei, 30 January 2006 - 12:49 PM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Don't think that iso burner uses Rundll32.exe, but I could be wrong....Did you reboot with the CD and did it give you access to the recovery console?

Advertisements